The non-profit organization "Clean the World" collects hygiene products of over 5,000 hotels, B&Bs, Villa rentals & Resorts worldwide and transforms them into newly recycled soaps, which are then redistributed to those in need. Hosts can show that they do not compromise on offering soaps but care about the leftovers at the same time. The mission of Clean the World is to implement environmental sustainability for service providers (waste recycling) and to provide basic hygiene needs (soap) to people in need. Their soap program is an all-inclusive program that includes bins for collecting and the pick-up of those bins.
Some Numbers, please
In 2017 the NGO has proudly achieved:
- 43 million new soap bars and 1,400,000 hygiene kits distributed to over 118 countries
- nearly 3,000,000 pounds of bottles repurposed and sent to Clean the World Hygiene Kits
- recycling from more than 1,000,000 hotel rooms daily
- more than 271,000 volunteers have 654,000 hours of service
- diverted 15.8 million pounds of waste from landfills
- over 1.3 million pounds of plastic recycled
How does it work?
- Clean the World provides partners with bins or boxes (depending on the property’s needs), which can be stored whereever is best suited for the hotel’s convenience.
- When staff does their rounds, they simply collect all leftover hygiene products (soaps, shampoo, conditioner, cream etc...), which they dump into the bins/boxes.
- When the bins/boxes are 3/4 full, a contact at the hotel emails Clean the World to let them know, that they need a service call.
- They will process the service request, and the property’s primary contact for Clean the World will be telephoned directly by shipping department, to schedule the pick-up, followed by a second call after the pick-up, to schedule the delivery of the replacement containers.
- The courier will come by to pick-up the bins/boxes which usually takes just a few days. Another courier will then drop-off the replacement bins/boxes, which takes place a few days after the pick-up.
What does it cost?
- The cost of the program in Europe is €1.56 (£1.27 UK & Scotland) per room/per month for the smaller bin, and €1.40 (£1.00 UK & Scotland) per room/per month for the bigger bin. All shipping and logistics prices are included in the cost of the "per room" agreement.
- The containers are chosen in respect to your property’s number of rooms to service, this is to make sure that the containers are adequate to suit your property’s needs conveniently and effectively.
- The Clean the World program is an operating expense for hotels, therefore, it is deductible from your profit & loss statement.
How do I sign up?
- The registration is done with the signing of an agreement, which provides all of the details including pricing, duration of the contract, and product details (number of bins/boxes).
- Since each agreement is specific to a particular property, just get in touch with us!
Why should I sign up?
- CSR activities with Clean the World benefit homeless shelters, children’s shelters, women’s shelters, food banks, veterans groups, and people struggling due to economic misfortune or natural disaster.
- Donate in a dignified way to the people in need in your community
- The recycling program significantly reduces waste and promotes a sustainable future.
- Affiliation with world’s leading soap recycler brings valuable recognition and positive industry perception; property branding, press releases, social media, newsletter feature
- The organization also provides housekeeping posters, a one-time free set of in-room vanity cards, and a quarterly report of the amount of soap collected from your property.
- Partnership also includes customized marketing features via website, newsletter, articles, press releases, licensing partnerships
Request more info