Hygiene and sustainability don't need to be opposites. On the contrary: Covid-19 has turned everything upside down - a good time to break with old habits and initiate change. How? With a cool head, innovative and circular approaches and real added values that improve the experience of guests and employees alike.
- Our washable and therefore reusable mouth and nose masks made of fair organic cotton offer a sensible alternative to disposable products. The masks do not only avoid unnecessary waste and environmental pollution, but also direct health risks (for example through contamination of the respiratory tract with microplastics). According to Dehoga (as of June 8th), wearing a mask for indoor or outdoor service is mandatory in the following federal states: Baden Württemberg, Bavaria, Berlin, Bremen, Hamburg, Hesse, Mecklenburg Vorpommern, Lower Saxony, North Rhine-Westphalia, Rhineland-Palatinate, Saarland, Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and Thuringia. Schleswig Holstein recommends that service employees wear a face mask indoors and outdoors.
- Wearing mouth and nose protection can become a burden, especially for dedicated hotel and service staff. Therefore, these wooden face shields have become very popular. With materials from sustainable forestry as well as a transparent shield made of easily recyclable PETG folie, our shields are approved in various German states, such as Hamburg and Hessen and Thuringia as an alternative to masks, and, in exceptional cases, in Rhineland-Palatinate, Saxony-Anhalt and Schleswig-Holstein. If a shield is scratched, it can be replaced without tossing the whole device.
- Thorough and regular hand hygiene with water and soap is one of the most efficient protective measures against the Covid-19 virus, as confirmed by the World Health Organization. Our dry soap dispensers make hygiene possible without losing sight of sustainability. Unlike liquid soap, dry soap does not need any packaging material. The certified organic soap is used up to the last piece, so there is no soap waste. We have consulted with the Hamburg health authority, who approved the device as a valid alternative to liquid soap dispensers.
- The natural soap that fills our dry soap dispensers is so gentle that even frequent hand washing does not damage the skin. Free of mineral oil, silicones and PEGs, they protect the hands and prevent them from drying out. One piece of vegan natural soap allows about 400 hand washes in the dry soap dispenser system. The valuable raw materials are free of animal fats and come from controlled organic cultivation.
- Placed in the first row in the hotel lobby or on the bar counter, our natural disinfectant, filled in reusable bottles, blends in wonderfully with the surroundings. Made in Berlin from plant-based alcohol and glycerine from organic and regional sources and produced according to WHO guidelines, the reusable bottles can be easily returned to our partner. Voilá: Zero waste and clean hands!
- Placed in the hotel room, or for a quick disinfection of hands when entering the restaurant, our biodegradable disinfectant dispenser is a fantastic solution. The dispenser is easy to install, refillable and climate neutral!
- The increased use of chlorine and other chemical disinfectants and cleaning agents can have serious negative effects on the environment and the health of employees and guests. Experts therefore recommend the use of dry steam cleaners. Residues are minimized and cleaned surfaces are left behind hygienically (corona viruses are killed at temperatures of 60 degrees and above). In addition, this all-rounder can be used on various surfaces and can therefore clean all hotel areas, from room to kitchen.
- Hotelier Emanuel Moosbrugger has recognized that these days do not only need reaction, but above all action. Together with Studio March, he has designed a new serving tool that makes excellent service possible while maintaining distance at the same time. But ALMA is even more than that: it changes gastronomic culture by ensuring that all the food for a table first ends up in the middle. This promotes a sense of community and makes service highly efficient.
- Safety distance without impairing the guest experience is made possible by our dummies and room dividers as well as partition walls made from FSC certified cardboard. They are available in different sizes and the panels have windows made of transparent foil. They can be colourfully painted and easily recycled after use.
- With the increased use of disposable tableware and take-away packaging, Duni's innovative solutions offer attractive, practical and sustainable alternatives. For example, the Atlantis Bowl concept, made from FSC-certified natural materials, is suitable for home compost. Or the cardboard tray concept, which saves 85% plastic compared to conventional products.
- Our edible soup and ice cream spoons are not only resource-saving and climate-friendly, they are also a delicious side dish for a meal or dessert. The edible spoon is clearly one of our favorites.
- To facilitate the contact details of guests required by hygiene guidelines, the App Hygiene Ranger offers an intuitive and user-centered solution. Users do not have to enter their data again and again, but can simply check in and out. Sensitive guest data is automatically deleted from the visitor history after the legally required period of time. For official authority requests, data is provided via download file.
In June we hostet a webinar about sustainability and hygiene in times of Corona. Here you can find our summary and key learnings from the experts.